MovieStop, we now have a more detailed look at the contents of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition that is set for release on November 5th in about five different combinations including an Amazon exclusive Riddles in the Dark statue (links below). As previously announced, this edition follows the pattern of the Lord of the Rings versions with 13 minutes of new footage, The Appendices, new commentary and extra features. However that was about the extent of the extra feature details until now. You can pre-order from Amazon now: 3D Blu-ray Set | Blu-ray Set | DVD Set | 3D Blu-ray Amazon Exclusive Statue Edition | Blu-ray Amazon Exclusive Statue Edition
• The Filmmakers' Commentary - Director/writer/producer Peter Jackson and writer/co-producer Philippa Boyens provide their perspective and stories on creating the first film.
• New Zealand: Home of Middle-Earth - From Matamata to Queenstown, travel with Peter Jackson and his team across the stunning locations of New Zealand, transformed by the filmmakers into Middle-Earth.
• The Appendices Part 7: A Long-Expected Journey - A 14-part chronological history of the filming of An Unexpected Journey, covering pre-production in the various departments of the film in the months leading up to the start of principal photography, the boot camp training for the main cast, and the work done on set chronologically through the three shooting blocks and in the world of its digital effects.
Chapters (based on The Hobbit novel chapter titles)
- The Journey Back to Middle-Earth
- Riddles in the Dark: Gollum's Cave
- An Unexpected Party: Bag End
- Roast Mutton: Trollshaws Forest
- Bastion of the Greenwood: Rhosgobel
- A Short Rest: Rivendell and London
- Over Hill: The Misty Mountains
- Under Hill: Goblin Town
- Out of the Frying Pan: The Forest Ledge
- Return to Hobbiton: The Shire
- The Epic of Scene 88: Strath Taieri
- The Battle of Moria: Azanulbizar
- Edge of the Wilderland: Pick-ups and the Carrock
- Home Is Behind, the World Is Ahead
• The Appendices Part 8: Return to Middle-Earth - Another selection of documentaries and featurettes await, further detailing the development, design and production of An Unexpected Journey
• The Company of Thorin - Explores the characters and backgrounds of the five families of dwarves and the company of actors chosen to play Thorin's company on the Quest of the Lonely Mountain.
- Assembling the Dwarves
- Thorin, Fili & Kili
- Balin & Dwalin
- Oin & Gloin
- Dori, Nori & Ori
- Bifur, Bofur & Bombur
Mr. Baggins: The 14th Member - A revealing look at the film's charismatic and talented lead actor, Martin Freeman.
• Durin's Folk: Creating the Dwarves - Reveals the journey and process of designing, conceptualizing and physically realizing the dwarves in The Hobbit.
• The Peoples and Denizens of Middle-Earth - Focuses on the realization of new characters and creatures encountered in the first film, from casting to characterization to physical and digital design.
- The Stone Trolls
- Radagast the Brown
- Azog the Defiler
• Realms of the Third Age: From Bag End to Goblin Town - Follows the creation of the Middle-Earth locations from conceptual design to set and prop building to fully digital realities.
- The Misty Mountains
- Goblin Town
• The Songs of The Hobbit - A look at the realization of Tolkien's songs in An Unexpected Journey.