- Seen movie 6 times, five times in 48fps but not in IMAX
- Thought first day was "exciting". Has rehearsed the Riddles in the Dark (Bilbo meets Gollum) before filming it on that first day.
- Felt he was the guy for Bilbo (and most LOTR fans had agreed as name came up long before The Hobbit has even started pre-production)
- Only hesitation in doing the role was the time away from his home and family in London since filming occurred in New Zealand.
- Said Peter Jackson's method of directing is "he expects you to know what your doing. ...He deals with kind of the result rather then the cause I suppose. ...He talks I suppose in a way about thought and more about action."
- Can't remember what the deleted scenes were and does not know if they will show up in the second or third films. "[Peter] is very good at the edit."
- Thinks the best merchandising involved his face, "the world needs to see more of my face."