- Verified there will be an extended edition release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. No date for release. About and extra 25 minutes of footage.
- Around 9 hours of Gandalf the Grey total once include the extended cut versions of the entire trilogy.
- The last shot rendered was Smaug sitting on his piles of gold (essentially a pure CGI shot)
- Gollum has more "digital muscles" so that the performance capture is essentially 1:1 between Andy Serkis and the CGI render.
- Was asked how break up the next two movies but only said that would include a lot more Appendix story lines especially involving Necromancer and Gandalf.
- Would see the White Council in action in the second film.
- Thinks will start filming the pick ups to complete the trilogy footage sometime in June or July of 2013.