Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Luke Evans Talks the Bard

Luke Evans, who plays Bard the Bowman, spoke with Total Film about his role in The Hobbit films. There might be more in the latest issue of Total Film magazine, below is just what posted online. One comment, "I shoot a lot of arrows..." probably refers to the character's participation in the Battle of Five Armies which The Hobbit book skips over but There and Back Again will show.
Are you tinkering around with the character of Bard the Bowman?
“There’s slightly more Bard in the movie than is in the novel. Everything in the book is definitely in the film but… [whispers] I’ll have my tongue cut out if I say anything else. Let’s put it this way – I shoot a lot of arrows…”

What’s it like, walking onto that set for the first time?
“I can’t really describe it. When I first arrived I went straight to Bilbo’s house. I saw it on the big screen when I was 21 and there I was, walking around it in costume – a very special moment. I’ll look back on that in 20 years and hopefully be as proud as I am now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment