Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Elijah Wood Talks 3D, The Hobbit, and Bloopers

In an interview with Den of Geek Elijah Wood talked about the planned 3D conversion of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, working on The Hobbit, and supporting a Rings blooper reel. The full interview can be found here, relevant snippets below.
“I think it would be cool to see. There’s talk of releasing a dimensionalised trilogy eventually. I’m okay with doing post-process 3D, as long as someone takes the time. What I’m upset about is when a movie doesn’t have the budget and the time to devote to it and they’re not fine-tuning the detail of that, because it can look really bad and cheap. But I know that they wouldn’t dimensionalise it unless it was a super meticulous process.

“I think there will be a DVD edition in which there are deleted scenes. There are deleted scenes, I don’t know how many there are, it’s been a long time. A lot made it back into the cuts for those extended versions, but there are some scenes that never made it. There are also hours… there has to be at least a couple of hours of blooper reel stuff, because we were having a blast. As you can imagine, we shot for over a year and there were a lot of fuck-ups and jokes, so I keep telling Pete he’s got to cut together a nice hour-long blooper reel, because there are hours of it”

“Very little, very little. It’s just a little cameo really, but it should only be a cameo, mainly because Frodo’s not alive at the time of The Hobbit. Before we started, I watched Fellowship again, just to remember the way that he spoke. Outside of that it was revisiting something I’d spent the better part of four years playing, and it was just a joy. It felt like a giant family reunion in a way. The weirdest thing was being on set, looking down at my feet and it just feeling oddly normal, like, 'Here we are, doing another scene at Bag End, 10 years later’”.

No comments:

Post a Comment