Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wood Reveals Details His Role in The Hobbit

In an interview with On The Red Carpet, Elijah Wood provided more details on his and Iam Holm's roles in The Hobbit. As expected, he will serve as a narrator of sorts to the audience as he "reads" from Bilbo's book about his adventures.
"...it's actually a flashforward in time. Frodo is not alive around the time period of 'The Hobbit.' It's about 60 years before Frodo's birth, I think. So ultimately, myself and Ian Holm, who played Bilbo in 'The Lord of the Rings,' will have some scenes together that will precede the 'Hobbit' time."

"Bilbo actually wrote 'The Hobbit' in a book called 'There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale,' so I think there might be something to do with that book that he's writing," he said. "It's very much keeping the integrity. Frodo does not exist within the context of the time period of 'The Hobbit.'"

"I'm actually heading down in October," Wood said. "I'm really excited. I love New Zealand so it's always a pleasure to revisit New Zealand. It still very much feels like a home, a second home for me. And the opportunity to come back and work with largely the same crew and creative team and a number of the same actors is really exciting. It feels like a giant family reunion, in a way."

No comments:

Post a Comment