Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Elijah Wood on Reprising Frodo

Elijah Wood recently commented to IGN.com about the news that he would reprise the role of Frodo Baggins for The Hobbit. The current theory is his role will be to sorta of bridge the Lord of the Rings trilogy with The Hobbit films by opening the films with him telling the story of "There and Back Again" (as seen at the end of "Return of the King").
"No, we thought we were finished and the character doesn't even exist in [the book of] The Hobbit, so it was not even a pipe dream to imagine the possibility would be there for me to reprise the role of Frodo. But they've come up with something that I think is kind of interesting and I think very fitting that doesn't necessarily infringe upon the integrity of the original novel. It's great. I'm really excited."

"Those films marked a huge, massive experience in my life," Wood continued. "It's been 11 years, basically, since I went to New Zealand, so it'll be a beautiful reunion and I'm just excited to go back and see everybody again."

As for how much screen time we should look for Wood to have in the two Hobbit films, the actor said, "I think it'll be relatively minimal. That's my impression. I actually haven't read anything yet. I haven't read a script. I have almost as much information as you guys have!"

Wood told me he'll be going to New Zealand sometime in February to begin work on The Hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment