Monday, August 30, 2010

McCoy Up for Hobbit Role

Sylvester McCoy, the former 7th Doctor Who, shot down a rumor while confirming that he is shooting for a role on The Hobbit films. The actor was rumored last month that he was on the short list for Bilbo Baggins. It turns how he is instead may potentially be one of the wizard characters. "I am being cast in The Hobbit," he said. "We're currently in negotiations - there are two of us under consideration. It's not the Bilbo role, but could be bigger." Good news if fan of the actor. I am unfamiliar with him so mostly I just take this as news that the unofficial pre-production continues despite MGM's continued bankruptcy problems. (via Dunoon Observer)

1 comment:

  1. I met Sylvester the last time he was in New Zealand and what a thoroughly nice bloke he is. It's great when your childhood heroes live up to your expectations when so many so called 'heroes' seem to have their heads up their own bums. I really do hope Sylvester gets a role in the up coming Hobbit movies as I think he's a fine actor and I'd love to see more of him on the screen. Did I mention he's a nice bloke too?

    ReplyDelete