Monday, July 05, 2010

The Hobbit May Lose Ian McKellen

The hits keep coming for The Hobbit franchise thanks to MGM and its creditor’s inability to make a decision. First they cost the film director Guillermo del Toro and not it seems Sir Ian McKellen may have to give up the role of Gandalf.

In an interview with TV New Zealand about the play "Waiting for Godot" that he is staring he, he said "Well, I’m not under contract and my time is running out, and I’m enjoying working in the theatre. And frankly, I would like to race after doing Waiting For Godot, get on with doing another play, but we’ll have to see. I don’t give the producers the impression that I’m sitting waiting."

It would be a tragic blow to the films and probably just one of many considering the creditors are still dragging their feet on committing to decision about MGM's fate. The creditor’s goal is simple - recoup as much of their money they can. Ironically, the more they wait on committing to a decision, the more money they leave on the table as sure fire hits like James Bond, the Hobbit, and more remain in limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment