Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rhys-Davis May Pass on The Hobbit

John Rhys-Davies, Gimli in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, has indicated to Empire Online that he is unlikely to return to the franchise despite being offered a role. The main cause is hardship of dealing with make-up but he is open to coming back for other roles.
...while Gimli doesn't appear in The Hobbit, his father Gloin does, so we asked him recently whether he'd be back for another go.

"I've already been asked and to be honest with you, I wouldn't. I have already completely ruled it out. There's a sentimental part of me that would love to be involved again. Really I am not sure my face can take that sort of punishment any more."

"It was just a gentle "What would you feel about putting it on again?" But no. I'd be interested in trying to create a different type of persona within... the thing. That is challenging as an actor. I'd really prefer to play something quite different. Maybe an Elf. They've got a different set of problems with The Hobbit because you've got 13 dwarves, a whole band of them... You're trying to represent a whole race... You're trying to do for dwarves what The Lord of the Rings did for hobbits. "

1 comment:

  1. To Bad.I Love the dwarves and John Rhys-Davis made a good dwarf.

    ReplyDelete