Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Radcliffe Says No To The Hobbit

A month or so ago there was a rumor that Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliff was in the running to play Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit movies. That rumor was sense struck down as the script is not yet completed. However, just in case Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro were considering him for the part (I doubt it), the actor has indicated he is not interested in the role to Hero Complex.
"I'd have to say, 'Thanks but no thanks,' not that anyone has asked me," the 20-year-old actor told me last week in England. "Honestly, I don't think they would want me anyway, it's just too close. Whatever I do next, I don't think there will be any wizards in it!"

"James McAvoy is fantastic. I think he should play it. I've done the fantasy-film thing. Actually, so has he, with the 'Chronicles of Narnia,' of course. But I've done it for longer. He can take over. I'm done. I don't think anybody involved in that would want me to, either."

No comments:

Post a Comment