Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More from Lilly, New Hobbit Image

Evangeline Lilly previously provided a little information about playing the role of Tauriel in The Hobbit. In a recent interview with Yahoo! Movies she elaborated on the preparation and training required for the role. In addition the article provided this great image of Bilbo with Bifur, Dawlin, Bofur and Oin at Bag's End.
Working on "The Hobbit," though, has radically changed how she readies herself for a role. "I can't just be spontaneous, because there is nothing natural about being an elf," Lilly said. "It's not human, so I have to study to learn what it means to be this other creature."

This means Lilly has had to train to walk, talk, and, of course, fight like an elf. She said, "So, on top of my stunt training -- which I need to learn how to be proficient with the bow and arrow, and with daggers, and in fighting orcs that are, you know, ten feet tall -- I also have to learn the language of Elvish, and I have to learn an RP [Received Pronunciation] neutral English accent for when I speak English." When you add in learning to move and gesture like an elf, Lilly figures she has spent "four times as much time preparing as I do actually shooting."
Also discovered the RSS Feed link in the top right was wrong and fixed it. No telling how long it was point to the wrong blog. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment