Monday, January 23, 2012

The Middle-Earth Family Tree

Emil Johansson has recently started the website LOTR Project that attempts to put together all the relationships in Middle-Earth that goes beyond The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and includes everything Tolkien wrote. The result is an impressive family tree table that isn't even completed as he continues to work on it. He tells The One Ring, "The first family tree I made was probably six years ago and consisted of two huge papers, 1 by 1 meters. I quickly realized this was something I wanted to share, but my knowledge of the web was too poor to allow it. I was not until November last year that I decided to give it a try. Even though much of the research already had been done, programming the site and adding the characters into the database have taken a lot of time. Too much for me to want to think about it." It is a must view site for any die hard Tolkien fan. Click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment